Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Classroom Library

I love my classroom library and I am continually working on organizing and re-organizing it. Most of my books are sorted according to subject/genre/or author. Over time, I have combined some categories in order to make room for more books. I also have books that don't really fit a category, so I have a section of books sorted according to level. I really like having them organized this way and I also like having my library surround our meeting area on the carpet. Here are some pictures:






If you are a new teacher looking to start a classroom library, some of the best places to find books are the goodwill or thrift stores and also yard sales. Most of my books are previously used from thrift stores and yard sales! The book bins that I use are from the dollar tree and Kmart. (The ones from Kmart were more expensive, but they have lasted longer.)

The summer is also great time to get your books organized!
If you would like to download my book bin labels, click here:

3 comments:

  1. Love the book bins...your library looks very organized! Thank you for joining my classroom library showoff linky party!!
    ~Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have my library surrounding my carpet area too! I called it a "big book hug" on my blog! :)

    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I am your newest follower!! Thank so much for the book bin labels. They are great!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete