Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Writing Helper Freebie

Hi blog friends! I sure have been in back-to-school mode lately. I know that many of you have already started back to school, but I still have a little under 2 weeks until I "officially" go back - 12 days to be exact.

Today I have a little writing helper freebie for you. I made these because my students (especially in the beginnig of the year) tend to write sentences like this: ilikemycat. No Spaces!! Therefore, I introduce them to the "Space Man" or "Space Woman". We use them to help us place a space between our words when we write. (I model how to use it before they use their own.)


The "Space Man" helps us make perfect spaces between our words.



To make your own, click  here or on the picture below.
Then print, laminate, cut and glue onto a popsicle stick.



You can store the Space Men in a cute cup.


Snickers just loves getting his picture taken.

P.S. - I am so excited that I am getting close to 100 followers. Keep a lookout for a 100 follower giveaway when I reach it!

7 comments:

  1. Really cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I didn't want to buy these from RGS! *Looks like Snickers likes the spacemen, too!

    Mrs. Wheeler
    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! And darn, I was the 99th follower...not the 100th. So close!! Haha.

    -Amy
    http://krazyaboutkiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea...spacewoman! Love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Beth Ann at Taming My Flock of Firsties

    http://familyrunningmyjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I was just looking for a creative way to help a student practice spacing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Snickers! My kitty Edison is my blog helper and is always trying to help me...and carry off whatever I am making! =)

    These are so cute and will be great for the beginning of the year. I am your newest follower and a teacher of Firsties! I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. I have 2 butterfly math *freebies* that you can grab! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete